What is Google AdSense.
Google AdSense is a program lunched in 2003, given an opportunity to website owners to generate revenue by accepting ads on a website. You lease a space to Google to run advertisement for businesses and in return, get paid by the funds raised from business owners who want to promote their products via online.
Mobile applications can equally generate revenue in similar ways by using Google Admob.
To keep the advertisement program ahead of competitors, guidelines are put in place in regards to accepting publishers (website/mobile apps owners) into the program.
It’s incumbent to pre-audit a website before forwarding an AdSense application to Google to avoid rejection.
Among other competitors, AdSense is the best so far for a number of reasons:
- It is free and simple to join
- Ads are carefully rendered and as such, do not distruct user experience
- You are assured of a residual income every month
- Once approved, you can reuse same AdSense code on multiple legit websites
- People made great fortune with AdSense
Creating AdSense account automatically create Admob account and vise-versa.
How to create AdSense acount.
An email account and a website or blog is required.
Create an AdSense account following below steps:
- Click on ‘SIGN UP NOW’ on the homepage
- Fill in the required fields: provide website url and email address
- Provide other basic necessary information
- Accept terms and conditions and sign up
- Check email for a confirmation message
- Inside the email will be AdSense code to be embedded onto the website or blog used for the AdSense creation
- The code is placed between the opening and closing of the ‘head’ tags: This will allow Google to run adds on the website/blog should it be approved.
Once account is created, AdSense code need to be embedded on the website before it can be approved for Ads to start showing on the site.
Straight forward from the dashboard.
Until account is approved, all earnings will be displaying zero.
Set up payment once approved.
At the left sidebar inside AdSense dashboard, look out for ‘Payment’ and click on it. Payment method button will be activated after reaching threshold of $100.
How to prevent AdSense rejection.
Websites that do not meet Google creteria easily get rejected. You can always re-apply till you get accepted.
But what can you do to prevent rejection in the first place. When they reject, reasons for the rejection are included in the email.
- Ensure there is enough content on the website.
- Let the site navigation be clear for visitors. A site with difficult navigation is likely to be rejected.
- Avoid plagiarism. Directly copying from different sources witthout any reference will get you rejected.
- Create original content devoid of pornography and illicit language.
- Give the site a nice interface. This is very important as bad user interface can easily turn away visitors to the website.
That is it! You are on your way to earn big from this wonderful program using the already website or blog you created. Don’t have a blog yet?
Check the detail step by step guide on how to start a blog from scratch. No technical knowledge is required.